I’ve been meaning to do this for some time, so here goes. This is a collection of unreleased songs from my back catalog. There’s all sorts of genres represented, but in choosing the tracks, I tried to pick songs that were the best example of I was doing at any given time. I haven’t dated them here, but some of them date themselves. For example, when was it a big deal to do an Amen break track? When were 90BPM hip hop instrumentals something people made a million of?
These tracks are lousy with uncleared samples; consequently if anyone actually recognizes a sample of their work and objects I’ll remove the file.
If someone takes a particular shine to a track and wants to remix it let me know. Most of these only exist as mixdowns of long-lost percursor files and sequences, but if I can provide individual sounds, I’d be happy to.
2. Morton’s Shadow (samples from Morton Subotnick “Silver Apples of the Moon” and DJ Shadow) [audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/02%20Morton%27s%20Shadow.mp3]
4. Noise Dub[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/04%20Noise%20Dub.mp3]
5. Grandiose (with Lucas Williams on Guitar)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/05%20Grandiose.mp3]
6. Sweetness (samples Lush)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/06%20Sweetness.mp3]
8. Monked (samples Theleonius Monk and Weather Report)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/08%20Monked.mp3]
9. The Wrong Trousers (with Axy Jeeb)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/09%20The%20Wrong%20Trousers.mp3]
11. Little Miss (samples Raymond Scott and Elaine Elias)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/11%20little%20miss.mp3]
12. Inna (samples Inna & the Farlanders)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/12%20Inna.mp3]
13. Hubert (samples Hubert Laws)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/13%20Hubert.mp3]
14. Honey (samples (samples Sweet Honey In The Rock)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/14%20Honey.mp3]
15. Gee Why[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/15%20Gee%20Why.mp3]
16. Busy Signal[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/16%20BusySignal.mp3]
17. AD Remix (based on samples from Andrew Duke)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/17%20AD%20Remix.mp3]
18. Labor Day[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/18%20Labor%20Day.mp3]
19. Nativity (samples some crazy bible story 7″ record)[audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/19%20Nativity.mp3]
20. Redux [audio:http://www.cornwarning.com/chaircrusher/SoFarSoSo/20%20Redux.mp3]
SO FAR SO SO by Kent Williams is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.cornwarning.com.